January 22, 2014

Wonderful Time at Marble Wonderland Manila!


As you know last Friday, January 17, 2014 I was invited as a blogger to attend Marble Wonderland Manila! It was held at Movie Stars Cafe. Brought to you by Asia Kawaii Way and Movie Stars Cafe supported by CNPH.

Knowing it's Marble Wonderland, I took the time to really dressed up. Nope didn't cosplay but I did incorporate my harujuku, jfashion hat and this is the result:

Thanks to Erving Go for the photo
I'll properly make an outfit post soon on this!



I was pretty lucky to arrive at the venue really early. I got a glimpse of some of the rehearsals before the event started.

Ms. Myrtle Sarossa rehearsing for her performance

Floor Director Mr. Luke guiding cosplayers on how to walk on stage

A few hours later, I was joined by my fellow bloggers Justine Chantelle of Dorotee Sweetlips, Ian C of ForrestPuppetBoy and Reika Amakura of Cosplay Rune

Reika, Ian and Justine

The name tag on my seat :3

The event has reserved seats for invited bloggers, for the people in the Japanese Fashion and Cosplay community and of course the guest lists. 

I have to say, despite the price of the ticket, the whole venue was jam packed. It was a full house!



The event was supposed to open up at 4PM but for some reason there were some delays in letting the people in. I am not quite sure if the event started on time but I've been hearing some of the people outside complaining a bit on why the venue opened up late when on the poster it says, it opens at 4PM. Well it's normal for events to have some problems like this so I am not surprised really. Then again for someone who is already queuing as early as 3PM, I kind of get the feeling.

The kickstart of the event was the collaborative performance of Miume, 217 and Ms. Alodia Gosiengfiao

Her kimono ensemble is really gorgeous

See what I mean?

Miume, 217 & Alodia along with host Rhianna from Animax

One of the major highlights of the event was the Alodia's Sister Competition. The one who will be chosen will get to win smacking Php. 50,000!

Here are some of my personal favorites who joined the competition :3

Kim Mina: Love this girl, she is so pretty and very hyper!

Rachelle Redecio: Love the concept of her dress. She dressed up as a genderbend of Edward Elric and the whole ensemble is just too cute!

Lou Angeline: Damn this girl has some vocal powers. Wish I could sing as well as her :3

Jia: She was so hyper on stage and really quirky :3

Those who bought the Php. 777 ticket, you are entitled to have free packed meal and unlimited drinks. As an invited blogger I too was blessed with the same privilege.


The packed meal is really a treat. I mean wow look at that. I was really full after eating all of that. I did enjoy the food and of course who doesn't like unlimited drinks?

Goodies were also sold inside the event. Like wigs from Prisila, Dolly Wink eyelashes and cool and awesome contact lenses.




I really wanted to buy contact lenses that day however, these are non-graded and I use graded contact lenses. And those eyelashes are a big temptation. These things are a must for a cosplayer like me but a part of me says, "You have too many eyelashes already so don't". /sigh. 

Anyway, back to the program, after the Alodia Sister's contest, comes in the special performance from renowned cosers here in the Philippines. Below is a video of Ms. Kristell Lim, Ms. Jia Gold Bustamante and Mimi Mon's performance.


After that awesome performance from these lovely coser, Ms. Myrtle Sarossa performed on stage singing Scramble from School Rumble and Sobakasu from Rurouni Kenshin. Her outfit is really adorable and cute.



Of course Miume and 217 graced the stage once more for another performance. Incredible dancers and performers they are. 


After that amazing performance, the winners for Alodia's Sister was announced. There were 3 runners-up who each won Php. 10,000 and the grand winner who won Php. 50, 000

Congratulations to...

Photo grabbed from CNPH

To Kim Mina, Lou Angeline and Kahreen Evangelista for being the 3 runner-ups

and to Ms. Rachelle Redecio for being the grand winner.


So that concluded the event! Hopefully next Marble Wonderland (if there would be), we would have the fashion show already and hopefully next time it would be bigger!

I had a blast attending the event and thank you to CNPH for inviting me to blog about the event, also thank you to the wonderful organizers for bringing Marble Wonderland here and for the freebies that it is really love!


THANK YOU AND UNTIL NEXT EVENT!
Also shout out to Paolo Panganiban Photography! Thanks for letting me use your photos for the event in this blog mwuah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being one of my stars :)